Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day, Ellie!!



WOW! A year ago today in China, we were handed our second daughter, and Katie became a big sister! Ning RongRong (aka Ellie) came to us in a big red and yellow snowsuit. She had a buzz cut, and very red cheeks! She cried and cried when she was handed to her new family.
We can't believe it's been a year already! So many changes! When Ellie came to us, she was 13 months old, and weighed only 16 lbs.! She could only sit up if we put her in that position, no crawling or even rolling. She couldn't hold her own bottle, but she could feed herself.
Now, she's your typical 2 year old! She's into everything, can speak in 3 word phrases, loves to color and play with play dough...
We feel so blessed to have these two wonderful daughters! Sometimes we just stare at them in amazement that they're ours!
Here are pictures of Ellie on Gotcha Day and today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was beautiful then and even more now... where does time go? I am so happy that you all are celebrating this wonderful day!
blessings,
shay

Emily Lu said...

AMAZING...I am full of emotion remembering what a journey we all shared. Yes, there are tears...Can't wait to see you guys.
Alyssa

cammysue said...

I remember thinking Ellie was so tiny! And I remember some of those tears. God has blessed us indeed! He has shown us the miracles that happen when love is used to his honor!

Chandler said...

Well I guess Julie was right Harper was stealing everyones food. Once all these girls got home boy did they sprout up. I hope Ellie still sings out like she did in China.

Mike

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We often do the same thing - look at A and A and just chuckle! Where'd they come from? An amazing year...

Auntie Donna said...

I was fortunate to hear it for myself. Ellie while on the phone with me shouted "NO WAY!" I just can't believe one year has passed!

xoxo