Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nanchang.. 2 days of info.!



I was too tired last night to add to the blog, so I'll combine yesterday and today.

Nanchang is the capitol of Ellie's province. Scott, Katie, my mother-in-law Joan and some others from our group took a walk around town. Ellie and I stayed at the hotel for a nap! Here are some pictures of the local town, and also a 1,000 year old pagoda we all visited. It's been burnt down and rebuilt 29 times! Lots of stairs to climb! We also took a trip to the Wal-Mart! Very interesting items to be found! Lots of the same basics, but when you get to the grocery area, oh boy! I saw a package of what appeared to be vacuum-packed moth-type things. I almost bought one just to bring home, because you just have to see it to believe it! By the check-out there were chicken paws! Didn't know chickens had paws! More tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More great photos! I see Ellie is using a toothbrush already. That should clean away the moths and chicken paws!

Love, Donna

Anonymous said...

I know you are probably so tired- good for you that you are napping when Ellie does. Love seeing Katie with the other little girl and Ellie is just precious!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hope you all are doing well - can't wait to check the blog each day! Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are going well!
Can't wait to talk to you when you get back!