Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's been a while!


Well, life has been pretty quiet around here, so there hasn't been much to report! I guess that can be a good thing. Ellie is doing great! She wakes up very happy in the morning, but not so happy after a nap. I know I'd be happy with a nap! She is starting physical therapy next week, although she has gone from lying down to a sitting position by herself, and she is pulling herself up while grabbing onto the couch. New progress! Her crawling is more like an inchworm move, so we'll be working on that, then moving to walking. They say they don't like to skip crawling because it develops the right/left brain function, and can lead to problems with handwriting later. I'm a stickler for neat handwriting, so we'll be working on the crawling!

I go back to work tomorrow :( Ellie will be staying with a friend in the neighborhood, so I know she's in good hands! That helps a lot!

Ellie has attended two birthday parties in the last couple of weeks! The first one was with EllaKate at build a bear. She is also from China, and turned three. The next one was with one of her friends from the orphanage, Harper. She turned one. Quite the social butterfly for only being in the US for 7 weeks!

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm glad Ellie had room in her social calendar for some ice cream!

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to read how you all are doing. The girls are so cute!!! I sure hope your first day back was good and Ellie did well @ the sitter. Hope to see you all soon!!! I loved having you all at the bd party!